11.13.2010

Bestest Husband

IToday marked the 21st day in a row my hubby has worked without a single day off. Yep, 21 days! I thought he deserved to be pampered a little. So I made some of his favorites for him to snack on while he watched football games. At first I couldn't convince him we weren't having company.(I need to do this more often.) Finally,when I pointed out the condition of the family room in which I had piles of laundry I was doing he believed me. This guy(Terry) is the best! I couldn't do better if I had my pick of any man in the world. He is totally devoted to his family and is he handy. There is nothing this guy can't do! Definitely a keeper.

That brings me to this UGLY thing.I got it at an auction for 1.00. Actually, I bought a trailer load of junk (inspirations)! My brother-in-law & I went to this auction.I know Phil thought I was nuts,but he just doesn't have my vision when it comes to these things. Anyway,he was willing to haul my "inspirations" in his nice truck until he saw them! Not that he said he wouldn't,but when I gave him an "out" I could tell he was relieved! Well,my dear sweet husband hooked up his trailer,rolled his eyes,and hauled the stuff home.

Now, I've got to make this thing look good! Pray for me.


Last but not least, If any of you should consider kidnapping my Mr.Perfect or stealing the ugly cabinet you will have to get past my watchdogs first. Don't let their looks fool you.They are just on their break!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree, there's potential.
And you're making me hungry!!

Tami / Maddie Lumpkin said...

Too bad you don't live close by.We would have shared!

Tania Pelletier said...

You're so funny with the watch dogs! LOL! I bet they are vicious in their other lives right?! :)

Your man sounds absolutely wonderful, you're a lucky woman to have found such a gem!

Is that an old locker? It looks really cool... perhaps you'd like to donate it for my new house?! Just kidding ;)

Thanks for the comment on my new house pics, I have actually thought about the full length window treatment, it's a good idea and I'll probably try it... I just can't envision how it will look on those tiny windows! Actually the one window in what will be my dressing room/closet is getting covered up completely. It's broken and it's underneath the deck so no light comes in and it's not much of a view... just a bunch of dirty leaves that have blown under the deck! I'm going to stuff some insulation in the opening (there's quite a draft coming in now) and hang a picture over it... or maybe shelves for my clothes!

Tania

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Yum! Pass the snacks!! The hubs, the locker, and the dogs are all keepers! :)

Amy

Megan said...

I love your blog so much!!!