2.01.2013

Felt Love & A Mouse House

 
  Real mice creep me out.It's their tails that make my skin crawl.If it doesn't have fur on it's tail....I'd rather be in a room with a lion! However,this sweet little critter,well....I knew the minute I saw it Lilly would love it. I got the pattern here. http://motherrhythm.blogspot.com/2010/07/seriously-cute-mouse-tutorial.html
 
 
Then I found this at The G.W. Boutique.That's just a fancy name for Goodwill! This would be a great home for a mouse family.
Then, I felt a story coming on.You're only getting the teeny,tiniest version!
 
 
 
 I got to work and made this sweet little family.The rug was cut from a felted sweater and glued to the inside of the lid.The wall art is vintage crocheted flowers.A mouse house!
 
 
Daisy and Violet are lonely, old spinster mouse sisters.
(Table and chairs  from Dollar Tree. I just put my own touch on them.)
 
 
They just love to decorate with found treasures. 
(A thimble bouquet.Straight pins and decorative sequins.)
 
 
The best part,Santa left a baby at their door! Now their home is complete and a little girl is thrilled with her gift.

5 comments:

Sue from Ky. said...

Tami,when I read your title, I had already envisioned you felt stash being shredded to cotton balls by a mouse.So glad my vision was wrong. Such a cute idea. My grand daughter would have enjoyed your little family, a few years ago,but now she's into boys and cowboy boots, and four wheelers.

Tami / Maddie Lumpkin said...

I have to admit the child in me enjoyed every second of creating it.They do grow up so fast and I'm hanging onto every bit of their childhood that I can.Thanks Sue!

nickys nook said...

This is such a sweet proect

Unknown said...

That is so cute!
My great-grand-daughter will be over in an hour, I think she would love the mouse house too.

who are you little i said...

Tami, sometimes you're not ready for certain things, meaning me not you. I'm not sure how this popped into my world this morning, quite some time after you wrote it but I must say that I am very intrigued by the feminine, sentimental, sweet side of the Tami I am seeing. The bitterness and hard shell seems to be melting away these days and it is very very endearing.
Love, me.